Spring is just around the corner, which is always a good time to clean out the closets, shine the windows, and…
Have you ever thought about spring cleaning your body and mind? And do you do it?
Spring can be such an important time for renewal and cleansing, in harmony with the natural cycles of Mother Nature, which is just awakening from her Winter slumber.
These days, most of us are on the hunt for anything to make us feel happier, healthier, and more balanced. Even if you are sticking with a workout routine, eating as healthy as possible, and keeping work and life in balance and in check to the best of your ability, there are still some ways to improve your everyday happiness and quality of life with some purging of toxins and old energy build-up using massage therapy and Reiki as the backbone.
Here are some of my favorite, simple ideas for cleansing body and mind which I’ve picked up over the years. (Be sure to consult your physician before starting any new routines.)
- Nature: Get out into the great outdoors. Go hike or go for a picnic
- Get a Massage: It balances hormones and eases tension
- Get a Reiki Treatment: Heals and balances your body
- Smile: Being happy releases good-for-you hormones
- Call a friend or family member you miss
- Pet your pet! It releases healthy hormones and lowers blood pressure
- Get some exercise
Seven Healthy Snack Ideas to Balance and Cleanse Your System
- Fruit: Apples, grapes, pears, lemons, and oranges, gives quick energy and, fruit also offers fiber to make us feel full.
- Nuts: Protein and fat gives us longer lasting, sustained energy. Nuts also contain magnesium, which is necessary for muscle health.
- Whole Grains: Complex carbohydrates take longer to digest than simple sugars. Whole grain breads, crackers and even oatmeal will make us feel full while giving us sustained energy to last all day.
- Bananas: A great source of carbohydrates and fiber, bananas also contain high levels of potassium, which works with magnesium for muscle function.
- Protein Bars: Another great alternative is a high-quality protein bar that can give a mix of carbohydrates for quick energy and protein for longer lasting energy.
- Smoothies: A yogurt and fruit smoothie also offers a quick carbohydrate boost from fruit and a dose of protein for longer lasting energy.It’s simple, healthy and delicious!
- Water: It is not uncommon to begin feeling fatigue, dizziness and lethargy when we are dehydrated. So guzzle away.
Foods that will Slow Your Cleansing (So Avoid or Minimize Them!)
- Avoid high-fat, high-sugar, highly processed foods that offer a quick rush of energy and then end with a crash. Say no to candy bars, potato chips and other cheap, low quality fast food might make you feel better in the beginning, but you will no doubt crash along the way.
- Highly caffeinated beverages also tend to give you a rush and then the crash and burn. Better to stay away from sodas and limit coffee and tea to a cup a day.
Seven Ideas to Clean Your Surroundings for Spring
- Declutter your house
- Throw out trash and items that are no longer needed
- Clean the closets
- Go through your books, cds and dvd collection
- Clean your garage or shed
- Clean up your yard
- Clean your car
Seven Nice Things To Do For Yourself
- Buy yourself flowers
- Buy yourself a new wardrobe
- Set up monthly massage appointments (and keep them!)
- Join the gym
- Get a mani and pedi
- Get a new hairstyle
- Treat yourself to one day a month to relax, eat your favorite foods, let it be all about you!